Sunday 9 March 2014

Some other interesting ideas I got from PedagooLondon

Here are some other interesting ideas I got from PedagooLondon:


Replace customer with student/parent and contract with government officials/policies!


The Education Endowment Foundation has produced a list of effective and ineffective intervention strategies , discussed by @oliverquinlan . There were lots of interesting points to his presentation(s!):


This examines different learning interventions and summarises the most useful ones...something I definitely need to get round to reading!


I think this is advice we do need to take on board. 


Something else I need to get round to reading, particularly now that we have 1:1 iPad programme in our school!


Some more interesting links from @oliverquinlan :



 Really want to check this out, http://www.nomoremarking.com/ , could have some potential!


Skype education...didn't know about this and would like to learn more as it looks pretty exciting/engaging!



@englishlulu shared this fun idea to motivate D/C GCSE students, but I thought I could adapt it to my KS3 Literacy and even English classes as well! Write an essay on a postcard! They could also use reading skills to analyse a picture on the front.




No comments:

Post a Comment