Sunday 9 March 2014

Pedagoo London 2014



Saturday 8th March 2014 I headed to #PedagooLondon with @kjhutchinson , @beckypointon and another one of our colleagues for a mammoth CPD session. Yes, voluntary CPD on a Saturday. Why? Why not?

I'm not going to post in detail about exactly what was said in each of the presentations I attended, nearly all the presenters have uploaded their presentations onto their websites and it is best to look them up there. This post concerns my own personal reactions/thoughts to what I've seen.

Perhaps the biggest thing I took away from the day was reassurance that I'm on the right track with my practice. The discussions about Ofsted, not grading individual lessons, providing feedback to move learning forward, and high quality marking are all areas that I have been focussing on at school as part of our in-house CPD. This reassurance is important, as it gives me encouragement to trust my instincts and continue forward on my current path, knowing my students are benefiting and that I am making the right choices regarding their education.

I will split up each talk into separate posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment